Don't just manage a team- build one. Thanks to our flexible network, Banner Health leaders can access the staff and resources they need to bring their vision to life. If you're looking to leverage your abilities - you belong at Banner Health.
This position will oversee 148 beds and approximately 300 FTE's in the Medical Surgical service line at Banner Desert Medical Center. The service line includes General Surgical, Oncology, Orthopedic Services, Renal/Diabetic, and a Complex Medical Unit. This position will also oversee the Wound Care program and the Dialysis services at Banner Desert and Gateway.
Banner Desert Medical Center is one of the largest and most comprehensive facilities in Arizona. Banner Desert serves as a tertiary referral center for the East Valley and treats the highest levels of acuity. The RN Director will be instrumental in providing leadership and ensuring that we continue to provide a positive and progressive work environment as well as giving excellent service to the community that we care for.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity is also eligible for our Management Incentive Program, as part of your Total Rewards package. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Located on an 80-acre campus in Mesa, Arizona, Banner Desert Medical Center is one of Arizona's largest and most comprehensive hospitals and is recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals. We provide an abundance of exceptional opportunities with more than 600 licensed beds, including over 100 dedicated to children. Areas of excellence include high-risk pregnancy and neonatal care, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, cardiology, oncology and emergency medicine. With 21 operating rooms, we offer a full range of surgical specialties and advanced technology that includes the daVincir Surgical System. About Banner Cardon Children's Medical Center If you desire to provide the best care possible to the most vulnerable patients, come to Cardon Children's Medical Center in Mesa, Ariz. Within our 248-bed, state-of-the-art facility, specially trained nurses, physicians and other clinical professionals utilize the most advanced technology - including iCare ICU monitoring and robotic surgery - to provide high quality, child-friendly, family-centered care. Our facilities feature a recently expanded 104-bed NICU, a 24-bed PICU, six pediatric ORs and a 26-bed ED. We also offer dedicated pediatric rehab, radiology, oncology and hematology capabilities. With clinical diversity, exceptional training programs and a supportive culture, this is a place where you can grow in your career as you help our very special patients.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides strategic leadership and administration in the areas of patient care, education, safety and quality in accordance with organizational policies and in accordance with standards of professional nursing practice utilizing the framework for professional nursing practice and development. This position promotes a professional practice environment and develops and maintains collegial and collaborative partnerships with key stakeholders across the institution to positively impact the business of clinical operations, nursing and patient care outcomes. These partnerships include ongoing collaboration with physician, facility and organizational leaders. Responsibilities include all aspects of clinical operations, clinician and patient/family education, customer service, patient safety, financial outcomes, and quality outcome management and regulatory compliance.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides leadership in the development, implementation and evaluation of planning structures and processes designed to optimize organizational outcomes. Recruits and retains top talent through effective communication, performance management and professional development. Fosters a team environment by instilling a cooperative atmosphere, promoting collaboration and encouraging constructive conflict. Creates and initiates professional plans for direct reports. Communicates with staff in a manner that is respectful of the diversity of workforce and patients/families.
2. Provides infrastructure and systems to empower staff to contribute to organizational goals and achieve desired outcomes. Creates processes for sharing information and decision-making across care settings and roles. Develops strong relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders across the organization to positively impact business, nursing and patient outcomes. Oversees the management of financial, human and material resources, to ensure alignment with organizational strategies and goals and maintain compliance with regulatory requirements and policies. Creates and supports a clinical practice environment focused on nursing professional autonomy, inter-professional collaboration and innovation.
3. Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of the processes and desired outcomes from clinical operations and motivates staff to perform at the highest level. Assures a measurable, outcome-focused, systematic approach to care delivery. Leads development, implementation and evaluation of evidenced based, quality clinical nursing practice consistent with current nursing research, organizational and national practice standards. Assumes a leadership role in collaborating and partnering with other health care providers, services and the community, in philanthropic and outreach activities.
4. Leads the integration of innovation and evidence based findings into practice. Creates an environment supportive of innovative solutions. Assumes a leadership role, in partnership with physician and facility leaders, in managing the quality of services provided across the care delivery continuum and within the larger organization. Demonstrates and directs employees in using a systematic approach in analyzing and utilizing data in problem-solving.
5. Produces results that meet or exceed identified strategic and operational targets through leadership. Assures performance in clinical operations, financial, human resources and quality outcomes meet or exceed established targets. Directs and provides oversight to the management of clinical operations, quality and safety programs, and nursing practice with a focus on results and the evaluation of outcomes data. Leads the effective management of human resources to include staff turnover and retention outcomes and staff satisfaction.
6. Responsible for the function and strategic development of a clinical department(s) within a facility. Accountable for clinical outcomes and ensuring clinical excellence. Coordinates services with other leaders and administrators to achieve goals. Internal customers include facility and system management, staff, and physicians. External customers include patients, families and regulatory agencies.
BSN or MSN required for all new hires to the position after July 1 2013. Incumbents in the position as of July 1, 2013 must possess their BSN or MSN by July 1, 2015. Must possess a strong knowledge of healthcare as normally obtained through the completion of a master's degree in nursing, healthcare administration, or related field.
Requires a current RN license in state of practice. Requires BLS certification.
Must possess a strong knowledge and understanding of clinical care management as normally demonstrated through 3-5 years of progressive care management experience. Requires demonstrated experience leading and/or managing strategic clinical operations. Requires strong written and oral communication skills. Must demonstrate strong decision-making and critical thinking skills along with the ability to lead change.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R6085
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.